Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive

Islam is the light which shone from the dawn of humanity. To bring humanity into the right guidance. To know what is right and what is wrong - Yusuf Islam          The Muslims Have got Islam as a legacy; hence they fail to recognize its value - Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall          We need spirited, energetic and strong young people whose hearts are filled with life, enthusiasm, zeal and dynamism; whose souls are full of ambition, aspiration and vigour and have great goals, rising and aspiring to reach them until they eventually arrive at their destination - Hasan al-Banna          Love cannot fully express itself without hatred for its enemy and our hatred of falsehood must be proportionate to our love for the truth - Maryam Jameelah           We must begin looking at each other as brothers and sisters…..and not walking brochures. We must see each other’s strengths and encourage those strengths…..We must see each other’s weaknesses and be patient with those weaknesses…..sometimes even look beyond what we see as weaknesses and move on with compassion and love and respect. That takes true faith - Dawud Wharnsby Ali          Those who know they do not know, know that, to know is to know what they do not know - Ibn Sina          Education is our Passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today - Malcolm X          I looked at all friends, but did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all dresses, but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought of all types of wealth, but did not find a better wealth than contentment in little. I thought of all types of good deeds, but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance, but did not find a better sustenance than patience - Umar bin Khattab (R)        

Friday, October 06, 2006

The Story of my Car

Well, it's been about 3 months since I bought my beautiful SEAT GLX Cordoba. Well, its metallic purple could certainly shines from far anyway. Since than I had to live the mockery of not having a driving licence but owning a car, paying insurance, NRMA fees, transfer of authority fees and not to mention weekly petrol costs. The only consolation is that Zakia has had her licence on my car, so that was a major use. However, the saddest thing is that the car had a minor accident caused by abbu but attributed to me by all since I'm the owner. The abbu had another accident, bigger this time and guess what little Shahir and Sameer said. "
Mrs Amin, you had an accident!"
Anyway, my poor little car is now written of since it'll cost about the same to repair it, was was the purchase price. So, I still didn't get my licence. I don't know how many times I postponed my driving test because of all the hassle with the car and now I have no car anymore. So, we're back to square one.......looking at Carsales.com and Belomore Motor Auction to see if there's anything for me!
Poor abbu feels aweful that he wrecked my first car! As I'm writing this post, he is trying his laymen's best to push the engine back because it's tilted in stupidly awkward position. Though it's most likely never to get well, those of you who saw it could perhaps spare it and me some kind 'get well' wishes :P

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaisha said...

Hey Mapu, post up some pics of ur car. Cant wait to see it!

12:43 pm, November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home