Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive

Islam is the light which shone from the dawn of humanity. To bring humanity into the right guidance. To know what is right and what is wrong - Yusuf Islam          The Muslims Have got Islam as a legacy; hence they fail to recognize its value - Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall          We need spirited, energetic and strong young people whose hearts are filled with life, enthusiasm, zeal and dynamism; whose souls are full of ambition, aspiration and vigour and have great goals, rising and aspiring to reach them until they eventually arrive at their destination - Hasan al-Banna          Love cannot fully express itself without hatred for its enemy and our hatred of falsehood must be proportionate to our love for the truth - Maryam Jameelah           We must begin looking at each other as brothers and sisters…..and not walking brochures. We must see each other’s strengths and encourage those strengths…..We must see each other’s weaknesses and be patient with those weaknesses…..sometimes even look beyond what we see as weaknesses and move on with compassion and love and respect. That takes true faith - Dawud Wharnsby Ali          Those who know they do not know, know that, to know is to know what they do not know - Ibn Sina          Education is our Passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today - Malcolm X          I looked at all friends, but did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all dresses, but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought of all types of wealth, but did not find a better wealth than contentment in little. I thought of all types of good deeds, but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance, but did not find a better sustenance than patience - Umar bin Khattab (R)        

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Peeved!

I am doing an assignment for 'Ethics' as part of my teaching course and came across this text which made me think hard. I felt this was important for all of us to know and be informed about so that we better understand value of Islam and will be able to defend it better as well.

Please read the next post and contribute to the questions posed. I've posted each question as a new post so that you can reply as comments.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm interested to know what you're going to write. What say you, oh the elder and wiser one? (there's no sarcasm in this statement, by the way). Seriously, how would you respond to it?

10:50 am, June 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a bit out of place, but can you please check out this wesite:
http://www.jews-for-allah.org/

Tell me what you make of it...take your time. And also, check out this blogspot. I find it very insulting. I won't tell you how I got to it (and it wasn't by clicking "next blog"). It's disgusting, so don't spend too much time reading it- it's outrageous...I'm miffed!
Here it is:
allahakbar.blogspot.com

11:27 am, June 02, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

k, ill write back after having a proper look. Got a glimpse of it though...unpleasant...i came across the first one ages ago...can't remember much...so i'll come back with a full report.

12:37 pm, June 02, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

flynn, I just looked at the 2nd site. I'm sickened that he can justify himself by saying he doesn't have anything against Muslims or Islam, but only making fun of the radicals! where do they come up with their petty excuses for racism???

As for the 1st site, it is too confusing. If they wanna recognise Islam as their right religion why not say so? Why the reluctance to leave to Jewish identity? I don't get it. Thought I'm happy for them that they've found the truth.

4:32 pm, June 02, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I'm curious to know, flynn, as to how you came across these sites? Care to shed some light.......?

4:33 pm, June 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis a long and arduous tale of how Flynn cam across this horrid blog. Yes, I was more than sickened...I felt bile rising in my throat! I wonder if he is Muslim? I doubt it, but does he not realise that he is insulting the Almighty by using His Divine Name? I'm outraged at that. And the swearing! May the Lord forgive me for being exposed to such filth...such denigration!

And as for the ambiguity of the first site, I agree- why not be a tad more specific about exactly where their loyalties lie?

Truly sorry, but Flynn cannot be shedding light on the "how's" of the findings. 'fraid the younger audiences might be traumatised for life (only kidding...it's nothing that horrible...just convoluted).

10:42 pm, June 02, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

about you, what isn't convoluted! *lol* What makes you think the author of the 2nd site is a Muslim, I almost took it for granted that he isn't??? Pls explain...

12:00 am, June 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just that some things he wrote...they seem to reflect some relation to the way a "modernised" muslim might think.
I'm just analysing things too much.

2:38 pm, June 03, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

may-be, but i understand you point though

3:11 pm, June 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home