Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive

Islam is the light which shone from the dawn of humanity. To bring humanity into the right guidance. To know what is right and what is wrong - Yusuf Islam          The Muslims Have got Islam as a legacy; hence they fail to recognize its value - Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall          We need spirited, energetic and strong young people whose hearts are filled with life, enthusiasm, zeal and dynamism; whose souls are full of ambition, aspiration and vigour and have great goals, rising and aspiring to reach them until they eventually arrive at their destination - Hasan al-Banna          Love cannot fully express itself without hatred for its enemy and our hatred of falsehood must be proportionate to our love for the truth - Maryam Jameelah           We must begin looking at each other as brothers and sisters…..and not walking brochures. We must see each other’s strengths and encourage those strengths…..We must see each other’s weaknesses and be patient with those weaknesses…..sometimes even look beyond what we see as weaknesses and move on with compassion and love and respect. That takes true faith - Dawud Wharnsby Ali          Those who know they do not know, know that, to know is to know what they do not know - Ibn Sina          Education is our Passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today - Malcolm X          I looked at all friends, but did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all dresses, but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought of all types of wealth, but did not find a better wealth than contentment in little. I thought of all types of good deeds, but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance, but did not find a better sustenance than patience - Umar bin Khattab (R)        

Thursday, June 02, 2005

salam guys. tomra jehetu keu kichu post korchona (munipu chara) i decieded to tell you guys about my interesting day. (since i have nothing better to do). hm..........summer started............really boring......amra jei jaigai move korsi, thik shamne amader school-er ekta meye thake. so everyday i have to see them sunbathe. gross.... oh, guess what. i finally got my diploma today. graduation-e ora only folder ta dise jetate ora rakhte hobe. anyways, i got my diploma, and a diploma card, mini diploma. i woke up at 10:10 today. and then this friend picked me up at 11:00. and we went to school. we picked up some stuff from class, and returned some stuff. and then picked up this other friend, who is a 10th grader. and we took her out to lunch. to pizza hut. and then dropped her off after 5th hour. um......yeah and then she dropped me off at my house. yeah....you know this summer is going really boring. i need to make plans. hey guess what, i decieded to learn to sew. i mean, then i wouldnt have go through the trouble of finding the right kind of clothes for me. i mean, you cant really get a lot of clothes thats covering, and loose, and cute. yeah......i already made this shirt. well, aunt-ra bolse je ota fotua. but i dont really understand the diff. ekta aunty bolse je unake amar ekta jama banai dite hobe. well dui ta aunty bolse. jodi bhalo banaite pari, then they are going to pay me. ekta aunty bolse jokhon ami ready hobo unake bolte, tokhon uni duita kapor kinben, ekta amar jonno banabo, ekta unar jonno. anyways, they were just encouraging me. but it would be cool to sew my own cloths. that way eid-er jonno purano salwar kameez porte hobena. amader ekhane ektao bangla dokan nai. hm...........and maybe i will learn to knit. ammu once showed me how to knit, back in 3rd or 4rd grade. but i didnt improove much, i still cant make anything, just can knit straight dorir moto, well, scarf, but cant put it together...............yeah....i allways make these plans for summer, but never accomplish any of them. Pray for me guys, so i can overcome my laziness and actually do something for once. anyways...........i am gonna go now. mom is trying to teach me how to cook. its soooooooooo boring. i mean who likes to cook? you cook, and you eat. it doesnt last. i like to make things that lasts. like cloths. but anyways, i should really stop talking about leaving and actually leave. so salamz guys.

15 Comments:

Blogger Aaisha said...

Salams Nabila,

U sound like me in my holidays and breaks - so olosh! I plan so much but never accomplish it too. Insha Allah u shud accomplish the stuff u planned. Y dont u learn to drive? That wud b a big accomplishment. And sewing is a gr8 idea! i love it too but eto bhalo pari na. I have lazy alternatives when it comes to sewing. Side e shelai na kore i burn it (u no, like scarf edges?). well, obhabe korle ga chulkai. just warning u so u dont do that.

Cooking is fun too. Y dont u like it. I love eating, so i love cooking, lol. I dont like cooking bangla food though. Kacha mach and mangsho dhorte pari na - gross! But i love cooking mishti stuff like cakes.

email me lots if ur bored on break. And POST THE LETTER!!! That shud give u something 2 do, lol. My break is in 4 weeks. Insha Allah ull get heaps of mails frm me then. Bashai boshe aar kichu korar nai, lol.

Anyways, better get bak to studying. Dua korish amar jonno boin. Dua amar kaje lagbo.

Wassalam

10:05 am, June 03, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

its nice to ur grad is over and summer is here for you. Along with all the things you're planned to learn (which are excellent) try to make time to also build on you islamic knowledge. If you want, I cant send you a list of books (available online) That would best the most beneficial out of all.

And sincce you're free now, why not take part in our 'ETHICS' discussion? Need to know these things.

11:05 am, June 03, 2005  
Blogger maya said...

yeah..........jsut yesterday, ammu amake macher aish chorate bollo. ota korar por ga gulachchilo. hat eto dhui kintu gondho jaina. mach-i bhalo kore khete parlamna. hey, guess waht, ammu amake ekta golapi bedsheet dise. oita kete jama banachchi. well kete raksi..kintu ekhon ar shelai korte ichcha korche na. ota ekhon amader room-e floor-e pore ache. i think i am gonna sew it tomorrow. oh, and you know.......how told you my stupid visa wont let me have a life. it wont let me drive either. so cant do that. and muni apu.....guess what, remember i told you that, that day we went to this otehr city to spend the night at this aunt's house. anyways, so that day we went to the mashjid with them, and dad met someone he used to know back in bd. he was in charto shibir. anyways, so then he told us to go to his house. but uncle's kids started bugging him, so we couldnt go. we just went infront of his house. anyways, he gave uslots of islamic books. ammu was reaally happy, cause after we came here, we dont really have many islamic books. anyways, so i am reading them right now. and yeah, send me the list of books. maybe i will get to buy some. anyways.....ishi, inshaallah i will mail you soon. dua koro tomra.

12:25 pm, June 03, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

macher niye tomar durgoti shune hashi paise but I sympathise karon amar abosthao orokom! I'll send you the booklist soon.

1:42 pm, June 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I can't seem to relate to your obsession with sewing (or learning how to sew). I'm all thumbs when it comes to needles and thread. I just buy all my clothes, but I guess your situation is a bit different.

2:24 pm, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Aaisha said...

http://www.ymsite.com/books.html

Try this site for good Islamic books. Some of the books here are a bit hard and I had to take my time reading it. But they are all reliable as far as i know. What do u think, M apu?

3:48 pm, June 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i often use this site.

4:05 pm, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Aaisha said...

Here are the lyrics of ur fave song!

Vitamin C
Graduation

And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon
And there was me and you
And then we got real cool
Stay at home talking on the telephone with me
We'd get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

La, la, la, la
Yeah, yeah, yeah
La, la, la, la
We will still be friends forever

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

4:08 pm, June 04, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

actually, anonymous was me, had some problem posting as a blogger.

I never heard this song! The lyric says its nice! Is there a site In can listen to it online? Anyone knows?

6:50 pm, June 04, 2005  
Blogger maya said...

salams, hey thanks ishi....i tried to listen to that song so many times when all that grad stuff was going on, but couldnt find it anywhere. but i love that song though. its such a cool, kind of sad song. anyway, thank you guys for giving me the book lists. i will try to read them inshaallah. hey ishi, good idea, burning the sides. actually i think i am gonna burn the end of the sleeves, and the shirt. the sides i mean. that might look kind of cool. ar shesher dike puraile mone hoi chulkabena. taina? what do you guys think? muni apu to khub bhalo shelai pare. tomar kono idea ache munipu? i was gonna sew my shirt yesterday, but i think i kind of messed up the sewing machine. its not doing it right. i didnt tell mom yet. looking for the right time to tell her that i ruined her machine. well, i think it can be fixed, so gotta tell her.

3:40 am, June 06, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

if you have sensitive skin, I'd adivce against burning. I remember once I burned the whole inside of a borkha (to act as inter-locking) it itched so much I couldn't wear it comfortbly.

I'll be ahppy to give you any tips about sewing, ask away....

6:49 am, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Aaisha said...

I dont know if theres a site u can listen 2 this song online muni apu. But im sure there is a site if you search it. But this song has music coz its not an islamic song. So I wouldnt reccomend listening 2 it. They usually play this song at most yr 12 graduations to make the ppl cry, lol. But they didnt play it at our graduation. They only played happy songs as though they were willing to get rid of us, hmmmmmm.

1:33 pm, June 07, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

LOLZ

1:35 pm, June 07, 2005  
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

hey, i just watched the song vid 'Friends Forever' online, I gotta tell ya, the lyrics are much nice than melody. I didn't it it all that much... sorry mou

4:09 pm, June 07, 2005  
Blogger maya said...

its k munipu. but dont you love the lyric though? i guess maybe its better as apoem. andthey didnt play it at my grad either. i hoped they would. actually our grad ceremony wasnt that great. this girl was giving a speech about poop and how to find the right bathroom. and reminding us how we lack school spirit, and how we lost everything except for the eating contest. we even forgot that seniors are supposed to win the float contest.

3:52 am, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home